+91-9584003002, 9754563092
sikhtourism13@gmail.com

Founded by Shri Guru Teg Bharadur Ji in 1664, also known by the name of Anandpur Sahib literally meaning “the city of bliss”, is one of the five Takhts of Sikhism & the birthplace of the “Khalsa” founded under the leadership of the tenth guru Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, that lies on the banks of the Sutlej. It is yet another gurudwara of historical significance, where Guru Gobind Singh ji initiated the ‘Panje Pyaare’ and laid the foundation of ‘Khalsa panth’ in a special congregation on the Baisakhi in 1699.

It houses many significant buildings like Gurudwara Shri Sis Ganj erected overthe site where the severed head of Guru Teg Bhadur Sahib Ji was cremated, Gurudwara Sri Keshgarh Sahib standing at the place where the five brave followers of Guru Gobind Singh Ji offered their heads as sacrifice for the Khalsa Panth, a museum displaying weaponry & relics among others.

Anandpur Sahib also hosts the Hola Mohalla festival around the month of March, a tradition established by Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, for the Sikhs to demonstrate their martial skills in simulated battles.

 

X
Our Websites