+91-9584003002, 9754563092
sikhtourism13@gmail.com

As the name goes, Gurudwara Shri Bangla Sahib was originally a “bungalow” or a palace belonging to Raja Jai Singh in the heart of the city of Delhi, that came to be commemorated for the stay of the eighth guru, Guru Har Kishan Ji who came to visit the King and cured the people suffering from smallpox and cholera epidemic with the water from the sarovar that is believed to possess medicinal properties even to this day. The shrine build in 1783, stands in all its glory symbolic of the ideals of brotherhood &service to mankind, upholding the spiritual ideals of Sikhism offering a sanctuary away from the hardships of life to this tranquil & peaceful abode.

The complex houses the main prayer hall with the Guru Granth Sahib, the holy water tank in the middle, a library, a museum, a hospital, a school and an art gallery, along with the premises for the Langar. It is a sight to behold, with its majestic golden dome, the flagpole symbolizing the essence of Sikhism and the premises all constructed in marble.

 

X
Our Websites